20 Nov 2019
The workshop dedicated to the investment of AIR program in Armenia
CARD Foundation implemented a workshop with financing from the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), with support from RA Ministry of Economy and SSFS, dedicated to the investment of AIR program in Armenia, on November 20, 2019, in Tsakhadzor Mariott hotel. During the workshop international experts Mr. Rudolf Moser from the Austrian AgrarMarkt Organization, Mr. Dragan Angelovski and Mr. Mikhail Sokhadze from FAO Georgia shared their experience.
In Armenia, Animal breeding provides more than 50% gross output value. In 2018, animal breeding provided AMD 477.9 billion gross output, from which, more than AMD 280 billion is from cattle breeding, and the value of raw materials and products fluctuated around AMD 50 billion, this is why the implementation of AIR system is a priority.
Considering the issues of animal health, controlling it and supplying food safety, the ubiquitous animal identification and registration centralized database formation have become very imperative. At the same time, applying the system can become a solution for different problems and a tool for eliminating system flaws. It can establish strict control on important areas of Republic such as detecting and responding to zoonosis (general animal and human diseases), in the process of animal reproduction and traceability, certification and documentation of animals and animal origin products, as well as export and import of such products.
The project is expected to contribute to the achievements of implementation of the following strategic goals
- Deepening of agrarian reforms
- Increasing the level of food safety, ensuring the minimum level of food safety and self-sufficiency of main food products
- Increasing the competitiveness of locally produced agricultural products, replacement of imported food products as appropriate and development of export-oriented agriculture
- Ensuring food safety
- Ensuring animal health
- Ensuring animal traceability
- Development of organic agriculture
- Development of animal breeding
- Processing of agricultural materials
- Mitigation of agricultural risks
- Improvement in crediting of the agrarian sector
- Improvement of the scientific-educational and advisory system in the agrarian sector
- Improvement of the agricultural registration system